- 1 kilo pork, cut into pieces, about 2 inches long and 1-1/2 inches thick
- 1 head garlic, pounded
- 4 teaspoons salt or toyo to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup vinegar (native)
- Place the pork in a saucepan.
- Add vinegar, garlic, pepper, salt or soy sauce, and water.
- Cover the saucepan and cook slowly until the meat is tender and most of the broth has evaporated and only 1/4 cup remains.
- Drain, separate the pieces of garlic from the pork and fry in lard until brown.
- Add the pieces of pork and fry until brown.
- Add the broth and let simmer about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Sunday, August 12, 2007