5 cups malagkit rice
3 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
- Grate the coconuts and squeeze out the milk without adding water.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the diluted coco milk by adding one cup hot water to the grated coconut for each extraction.
- Boil this (about 8 cups milk) until thick, then add the undiluted coconut milk, and boil until it begins to curdle.
- Add the rice, salt and sugar and continue cooking, stirring constantly, over low heat, until the rice is cooked.
- Line pan with banana leaves.
- Pour the rice mixture into pan and flatten with a spatula.
- Cut into 2 inches squares with a butter knife and serve hot or cold with grated coconut on top.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009